Venus aims to produce stablecoins pegged to fiduciary currencies such as the EUR or USD. It will be hosted on the BinanceChain blockchain (BNB).
It seems more consistent that Binance actually wants to acquire a share of the stablecoin market, mainly held by Tether (USDT) created by its competitor Bitfinex, and also to promote the BNB token, which is an important resource source for Binance.
The interest of this news is that Facebook with Libra has paved the way for complementary or competing private currencies from sovereign currencies Blockchain Technology enabled these new financial products The consequences of the emergence of these currencies are to be closely monitored.
Traditional investors are taking the leap of faith of investing in Bitcoin, their investments are estimated at $200 to 400 million per week.
The resilience of the asset and its low correlation with other financial products make it a very attractive diversification asset.
The democratization of custodian services has made investment in crypto-actives more accessible for this class of actors.
French companies are recruiting blockchain developers.
Developers with blockchain skill can expect average salaries in a 3000 to 10000€ higher range than their more generalist counterparts, depending on the position.
- The World Bank issued $34 million in private bonds on Ethereum, bringing the total issued to $108 million in one year.
- The Binance marketplace was reportedly the victim of a theft of its customers’ personal data, a ransom of 300 Bitcoins is requested to avoid their disclosure.
- The BitMex marketplace blocks its services to customers in Hong Kong, Seychelles and the Bermuda Islands, the territories where Bitmex’s activities are incorporated.
- the Japanese Giant Rakuten, after launching a market place, launches its own blockchain wallet, the Rakuten Wallet.
- China opens the strategic region of Shenzhen to experiments with crypto-assets.